SummerGlow Mānuka Honey UMF™ 16+ 250g
SummerGlow customers enjoy our delicious, light golden honey, with the unique herbal Mānuka flavour. It is eaten and enjoyed for its benefits and unique natural qualities.
Highly revered and sought-after in many countries, Mānuka honey is made up of several compounds that are found only in the honey from New Zealand's native Mānuka bush (Leptospermum scoparium).
SummerGlow UMF16+ Mānuka Honey has Leptosperin level 558mg/kg and thoroughly exceeds the NZ MPI criteria for monofloral Mānuka honey, showing it is genuine high grade Mānuka honey.
Every jar of SummerGlow Mānuka Honey is certified genuine Mānuka Honey UMF16+. An official UMF Test Certificate is supplied with every order to verify authenticity. Each jar is shrink-wrapped for total protection, ensuring you get contamination & leakage free honey every time.
- Current batch: Batch 724
- Actual grade: UMF21
See Official UMF Test Certificate (16th March 2021)
- Leptosperin 949mg/kg verifies the honey is genuine mānuka honey. Leptosperin 949mg/kg is a very high "mānukaness" purity indicator
- Monofloral manuka honey
- Methyglyoxal: MGO 902mg/kg
- Best Before: February 2023
- "This is Really Good Quality Honey" says a happy customer Read what our customers say
- Certified genuine Manuka Honey UMF16+
- Official UMF Test Certificate supplied with every order verifies authenticity
- UMF Licence Number 1001
- Produced in New Zealand by SummerGlow hives
- Produced from SummerGlow's own mānuka-growing land
- Pure New Zealand honey - no other honey added
Pure natural honey - nothing added
- Prompt dispatch
- Parcel fully tracked
- Delivery 4-6 working days
- Delicious light golden honey with the unique herbal mānuka flavour
- Eaten and enjoyed for its unique natural qualities
- Highly revered and sought-after
- Leak-proof induction seal under the jar lid preserves the honey freshness
- Each jar shrink-wrapped for total protection
- Contamination and leakage free
- Direct to you from New Zealand from SummerGlow's own hives harvesting mānuka honey from SummerGlow's own mānuka-growing land
How do I know SummerGlow UMF16+ Manuka Honey is genuine?
Testing for Authenticity - Protecting Your Rights as a Consumer
The UMF designation and rating is a highly sought-after and well-respected quality trademark that protects the consumer's rights.
All honey labelled with the quality trademark UMF must be packed and labelled in New Zealand. Honey cannot be imported into New Zealand so the consumer is assured UMF Manuka Honey is truly and solely New Zealand honey.
After the honey has been packed UMF Manuka Honey must undergo a number of tests to show it is natural, unadulterated Manuka Honey and that the grading claim on the label is true.
UMF Manuka Honey is regularly audited so the consumer can be confident the honey is true-to-label claim.
1. Testing to identify genuine Manuka Honey
- Manuka honey is made up of several compounds that are found only in the honey from New Zealand's native manuka bush (Leptospermum scoparium)
- One of the most dominant compounds is Leptosperin
- Leptosperin is a good indicator of the "manukaness" of honey
- UMF Manuka Honey must contain Leptosperin (minimum Leptosperin 200mg/kg)
- The higher the UMF grading, the higher the level of Leptosperin
- SummerGlow UMF16+ Manuka Honey has Leptosperin level 949mg/kg and thoroughly exceeds the NZ MPI criteria for monofloral manuka honey showing it is genuine high grade monofloral manuka honey. All our honey is produced by our bees from manuka areas which we own and in which we have had hives for the past 45 years.
2. Testing to show honey is not adulterated:
- HMF increases when honey is heated.
- UMF Manuka Honey must have HMF below HMF40mg/kg
- SummerGlow UMF16+ Manuka Honey has HMF level HMF20mg/kg as we do not damage our honey with heat or adulteration
3. Testing for UMF grading levels:
- Manuka Honey is tested for DHA and for methyglyoxal (MG) as these are present in Manuka Honey and help assess the grading level of the honey
- The combined results of all four tests (Leptosperin test + MG test + DHA test + HMF test) indicate the quality, "manukaness" and the grading level for the honey
- To be graded UMF16 Manuka Honey must have Leptosperin at least 200mg/kg and Methyglyoxal must be at least MG572mg/kg and HMF must be less than HMF40mg/kg
- SummerGlow UMF16+ Manuka Honey far exceeds all quality requirements: It is graded UMF21 and Leptosperin 949mg/kg and MGO 902mg/kg and HMF20mg/kg
Test results for SummerGlow UMF16+ Manuka Honey
Test results verify the authenticity of SummerGlow UMF16+ Manuka Honey - it is genuine natural, unadulterated Manuka Honey and is entitled to bear the quality mark UMF16+. The results for the honey we currently sell are as follows:
Batch 724. 250gm jar: (Official UMF Test Certificate shown in panel above)
- Leptosperin 949mg/kg
- Methyglyoxal (MGO) 902mg/kg
- DHA 1240mg/kg
- HMF 20mg/kg
- UMF grading 21
SummerGlow Apiaries Ltd are licensed to use the quality trademark. Licence number 1001.